Recipe by Lisa Clarice
The flavor combination of cranberry and chocolate is so delicious! These bars are easy to make and vegan. Everyone will love them. If you can't find Cranberry Preserves, use any other fruit preserve available. Enjoy!
- 1 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance or reg. butter)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup soymilk (or any other milk alternative or sweetened condensed milk)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup cranberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- You can either purchase cranberry preserves or make your own. To make your own cranberry preserves: Place 1 cup cranberry juice, 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, and 1/4 cup sugar in a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until boiling for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Preserves will get thicker as it cools.
- Mix together butter, sugar, and flour until a dough forms.
- Press down 1/2 of the dough into a greased 8 by 11 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat combine soy milk and chocolate chips. Once chocolate is melted remove from heat.
- Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.
- Stir pecans into reserved dough and sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- Drop cranberry preserves over dough.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into bars. Enjoy!