1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cranberry Bars (Vegan or Not)
Lisa Clarice's Note:
The flavor combination of cranberry and chocolate is so delicious! These bars are easy to make and vegan. Everyone will love them. If you can't find Cranberry Preserves, use any other fruit preserve available. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You can either purchase cranberry preserves or make your own. To make your own cranberry preserves: Place 1 cup cranberry juice, 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, and 1/4 cup sugar in a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until boiling for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Preserves will get thicker as it cools.
- 2Mix together butter, sugar, and flour until a dough forms.
- 3Press down 1/2 of the dough into a greased 8 by 11 inch baking pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- 5In a small sauce pan over low heat combine soy milk and chocolate chips. Once chocolate is melted remove from heat.
- 6Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.
- 7Stir pecans into reserved dough and sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- 8Drop cranberry preserves over dough.
- 9Return to oven and continue baking for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 10Cut into bars. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cranberry Bars (Vegan or Not)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: