Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Eagle Brand Cookbook.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wafer crumbs, cocoa and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk over crumb mixture; sprinkle evenly with dried cranberries, chips and nuts; press down firmly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover with foil; let stand fro several hours. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Made this recipe as directed since I wanted to know the intended taste & will tell you, it's GREAT ~ We really enjoyed the combo of chocolate, cranberries & peanut butter! And, even though it bakes for a while, I might just toast the walnuts next time before including them! VERY NICE TASTING BARS ~ Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Chocoholic! Need a Fix! theme in the current My 3 Chefs event]