Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I experimented with Chocolate Crackles recipes so I could make them for my Australian friends (minus the copha and icing sugar). This recipe worked well and was relatively hassle free
- 200 g chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
- 100 g unsalted butter (or margerine)
- 100 g crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Arrange paper muffin cups on baking sheet and set aside (small size muffin cups work the best).
- Place cereal and coconut in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave dish and melt in microwave on low heat
- Add Honey and stir quickly to ensure chocolate mixture is smooth and completely melted.
- Stir chocolate mixture into cereal mixture and blend evenly.
- Drop spoonfuls of chocolate-cereal mixture into paper muffin cups.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Store remaining crackles in airtight container in the freezer for up to 5 days.