Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another type of chocolate cookie from "perfect endings"
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water. Remove from water and cool.
- Combine the sugar, butter, and vanilla and beat till light and creamy. Beat in the eggs. Blend in the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts if using.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets. Place whole walnut half on each, if desired.
- Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.