Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Chocolate Crackled Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 295.73 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 236.59 ml Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 473.18 ml Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 88.74 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 158.51 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat until fluffy.
- STIR together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at medium speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.