Recipe by dulce_amore
Yummy little balls of soft chocolate cookie with powdered sugar.... a delicious (yet messy) treat for young and old. (Note: time to chill cookie dough not included in time estimates)
Top Review by OneBusyMomma
DRY!! I tried making them small, medium, and extra large. I tried baking only 10 minutes and they were dry as a bone. When I was mixing them, I was kind of leary about how stiff they were and how hard it was to stir them.
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and continue stirring 2-3 min or until sugar dissolves. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into the chocolate mix in batches, until just blended. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until the dough is cold and holds its shape.
- Preheat oven to 325 deg. Grease two or more large baking sheets. Place powdered sugar in a small, deep bowl. Using your hands scoop cold dough into small balls and roll into 1 ½ in balls. Drop each ball into the powdered sugar and roll until heavily coated. Remove with a slotted spoon and tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess sugar. Place on the baking sheets 1 ½ in apart.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until tops feel slightly firm when touched. Place baking sheet on wire rack for 2-3 min, then remove cookies and cool on rack completely.