1/1 Photo of Chocolate Crackle-Tops
Yummy little balls of soft chocolate cookie with powdered sugar.... a delicious (yet messy) treat for young and old. (Note: time to chill cookie dough not included in time estimates)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and continue stirring 2-3 min or until sugar dissolves. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla.
- 2In a separate bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into the chocolate mix in batches, until just blended. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until the dough is cold and holds its shape.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 deg. Grease two or more large baking sheets. Place powdered sugar in a small, deep bowl. Using your hands scoop cold dough into small balls and roll into 1 ½ in balls. Drop each ball into the powdered sugar and roll until heavily coated. Remove with a slotted spoon and tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess sugar. Place on the baking sheets 1 ½ in apart.
- 4Bake for 10-15 min or until tops feel slightly firm when touched. Place baking sheet on wire rack for 2-3 min, then remove cookies and cool on rack completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crackle-Tops
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 38
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g