The first cookies I won a ribbon for in the state fair! From the Ghirardelli web site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled (Ghirardelli 60% Cacao)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, for coating
- 1Stir together flour, cocoa, espresso, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg until well combined; mix in cooled bittersweet chocolate. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture; beat in milk until just combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Shape dough into 1/2-inch balls (exactly 1 teaspoon each). Pour confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl; working in batches, roll balls in sugar 2 times, letting them sit in sugar between coatings.
- 3Place on baking sheets, spacing each 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies have spread and coating is cracked, 10 to 12 minutes; cookies will still be soft to the touch. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crackle Cookies(Ghirardelli)
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g