moist, chewy chocolate cookies that looks as good as it tastes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, or the top of a double boiler, over a pan of simmering water.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4Into a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- 5In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and light-brown sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- 7Add melted chocolate.
- 8Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- 9Mix on low speed until just combined.
- 10Divide dough into quarters, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- 11On a surface dusted with confectioners' sugar, use your hands to roll each portion of dough into a log 16-inches in length and about 1 inch in diameter.
- 12Wrap logs in plastic wrap, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- 13Chill for 30 minutes.
- 14Cut each log into 1-inch pieces, and toss pieces in confectioners’ sugar, a few at a time.
- 15Using your hands, roll the pieces into balls.
- 16If any of the cocoa-colored dough is visible, roll dough in confectioners’ sugar again to coat completely.
- 17Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets 2-inches apart.
- 18Bake until cookies have flattened and sugar splits, 12-15 minutes.
- 19Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 27.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g