Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make cookies with saltine crackers or graham crackers. Makes a whole cookie sheet of cookies.
- 30 -35 saltine crackers or 30 -35 graham crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a baking sheet with sides.
- Line prepared pan with crackers or graham wafers; cut crackers to fill the whole pan if necessary.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a heavy saucepan; continue to cook for 3 minutes more; pour over crackers.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if using.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- When chips are melted, spread over the top evenly.
- Cool slightly and break into pieces.
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
I make this recipe using Townhouse crackers. I also sprinkle chipped walnuts on top of the chocolate. People never believe what the base is!
This is quick, easy and great tasting. I used waverly crackers. Wow! Works great. Will try graham crackers next time.....and there will be a next time. Maybe tonight. :-)