Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
My GF passed this recipe along to me last year before the holiday. I am making it again today for a block party. It's a buttery chocolatey delight! Make a double batch, one with & with out the nuts. *Prep and cooking time does not include chilling/cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- 3Cover the bottom of the pan with a single layer of saltine crackers.
- 4Melt butter and sugar over med-low heat. Whisk until butter melted and mixture begins to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, whisking constantly. All the sugar granules should be melted.
- 5Carefully pour over the crackers.
- 6Bake for 5-6 minutes until bubbly. The crackers may bubble & lift off the bottom of the baking sheet, don't worry!
- 7Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let rest for a couple minutes until choc chips begin to get glossy and soft.
- 8Spread the chocolate over the toffee, sprinkle with nuts, pressing the nuts into the warm toffee.
- 9Cool completely. *Best results when cooled in in the fridge.
- 10Cut or break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crack -- Saltine Toffee Squares
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.2
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 110.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g