These are quick and easy; my cowboy devours them!!
Make and share this Chocolate Cowboy Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Blend together margarine (or shortening) and sugars.
- Add egg & beat until light & fluffy then stir in vanilla.
- Combine with dry ingredients & mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients& mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 12 minutes.
- Allow a few minutes longer if you prefer crisp cookies.
Chocolateee Good! Yes they are quick and easy. They stay nice and full don`t flatten out like some cookies do. You can`t even tell thay are made with oatmeal.
This wonderful cookie makes you rub your tummy and say, "ahhhhhhh". We loved the combination of chocolate chips, oatmeal and nuts (I used walnuts). This is a real crowd pleaser and I will make over and over again. Thank you so much, CountryLady, for sharing this.
Can't believe I haven't reviewed these yet, I've been making them for years! These are the best chocolate chips ever, and I don't say that lightly. I always make a double batch, and they get raves when I take them to someone's home.
I've made them with only brown sugar when I ran out of white sugar, but that makes them slightly too molassesy (although they're still great!) I use butter, always, and the texture and taste is perfect.