Recipe by Foodygirl1979
This is an original creation that I came up with a few years back. If you like twinkies, you are gonna love this recipe. The preparation time includes freezing time. Note: I am not sure if the ounce size on the box of twinkies is correct, but it's the 10 pack.
- 1 (24 ounce) box Hostess Twinkies (they come in a 10 pack)
- 1 (16 ounce) package milk chocolate confectionary coating (your choice) or 1 (16 ounce) package white candy coating (your choice) or 1 (16 ounce) package dark chocolate confectionary coating (your choice)
- 10 candy apple sticks
assorted toppings of choice
- colored sprinkles or toasted coconut or miniature M&M baking bits or chopped Oreo cookies or drizzle with chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Unwrap twinkies and place a candy apple stick into each one so it looks like a popsicle.
- Place each on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and freeze until firm.
- Melt the chocolate on top of a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
- Dip twinkies, one at a time, coating completely and returning to waxed paper. Top with desired topping before the chocolate dries (that is why it important to do one at a time).
- Continue until all are dipped and decorated.
- Allow to dry completely before wrapping or serving.
- Note: if you have chocolate left you can save it for another use or dip something else you may have on hand like pretzels, oreos or marshmallows.