This is an original creation that I came up with a few years back. If you like twinkies, you are gonna love this recipe. The preparation time includes freezing time. Note: I am not sure if the ounce size on the box of twinkies is correct, but it's the 10 pack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (24 ounce) box Hostess Twinkies (they come in a 10 pack)
- 1 (16 ounce) package milk chocolate confectionary coating (your choice) or 1 (16 ounce) package white candy coating (your choice) or 1 (16 ounce) package dark chocolate confectionary coating (your choice)
- 10 candy apple sticks
assorted toppings of choice
- 1Unwrap twinkies and place a candy apple stick into each one so it looks like a popsicle.
- 2Place each on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and freeze until firm.
- 3Melt the chocolate on top of a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
- 4Dip twinkies, one at a time, coating completely and returning to waxed paper. Top with desired topping before the chocolate dries (that is why it important to do one at a time).
- 5Continue until all are dipped and decorated.
- 6Allow to dry completely before wrapping or serving.
- 7Note: if you have chocolate left you can save it for another use or dip something else you may have on hand like pretzels, oreos or marshmallows.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Twinkies on a Stick
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: