1/2 Photos of Chocolate Covered Tuxedo Strawberries
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Girly Griller's Note:
Almost any wedding or anniversary that I am close to the Bride or Groom I get elected to make Tuxedo strawberries. They are a great way to really dress up a reception table. When I make these strawberries I make a lot so I use the freezer method listed below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash strawberries and allow to dry 2-3 hrs before dipping.
- 2Place 3 or 4 (depending on the amount you are making) almond bark bars in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, continue to microwave in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- 3Dip strawberries up to leaves by holding stem/leaves, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- 4Place strawberries in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow chocolate to harden. For a faster alternative, place in freezer for 2 minutes.
- 5Melt 3 or 4 bars or 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips and wax in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, continue to microwave in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. (Wax is optional but it gives the finished product a shiny finish rather than a dull finish).
- 6Dip strawberries up to leaves on the left and right side, forming a "V" in the center w/ almond bark, by holding stem/leaves, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- 7With a toothpick or shishkabob scewer dip end in chocolate and make dots/buttons up the middle of the strawberries.
- 8Allow to set up in refrigerator or freezer as instructed above.
- 9Serve cold, I put mine on a glass,crystal serving tray.
- 10Hints: (Emergency Response Plan) If your chocolate becomes firm in the microwave, add a little bit of shortening or vegetable oil until it
- 12Also, make strawberries the day that you are planning to serve them, with the chocolate shell the strawberries can't breathe and will shrivle up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Tuxedo Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white almond bark