Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Almost any wedding or anniversary that I am close to the Bride or Groom I get elected to make Tuxedo strawberries. They are a great way to really dress up a reception table. When I make these strawberries I make a lot so I use the freezer method listed below.
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package white almond bark
- cooking paraffin wax (optional)
- wax paper, lined cookie sheets
- shortening (optional for emercency response plan) or vegetable oil (optional for emercency response plan)
- Wash strawberries and allow to dry 2-3 hrs before dipping.
- Place 3 or 4 (depending on the amount you are making) almond bark bars in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, continue to microwave in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Dip strawberries up to leaves by holding stem/leaves, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow chocolate to harden. For a faster alternative, place in freezer for 2 minutes.
- Melt 3 or 4 bars or 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips and wax in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, continue to microwave in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. (Wax is optional but it gives the finished product a shiny finish rather than a dull finish).
- Dip strawberries up to leaves on the left and right side, forming a "V" in the center w/ almond bark, by holding stem/leaves, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- With a toothpick or shishkabob scewer dip end in chocolate and make dots/buttons up the middle of the strawberries.
- Allow to set up in refrigerator or freezer as instructed above.
- Serve cold, I put mine on a glass,crystal serving tray.
- Hints: (Emergency Response Plan) If your chocolate becomes firm in the microwave, add a little bit of shortening or vegetable oil until it
- Also, make strawberries the day that you are planning to serve them, with the chocolate shell the strawberries can't breathe and will shrivle up.
These are AWESOME!! Got rave reviews at my dessert party and now I MUST make them for every event!! I melt the chocolate on stove top with a little shortening as the microwave and I do not get along.