Recipe by Girly Griller
Almost any wedding or anniversary that I am close to the Bride or Groom I get elected to make Tuxedo strawberries. They are a great way to really dress up a reception table. When I make these strawberries I make a lot so I use the freezer method listed below.
Top Review by Butterflie Girl
These are AWESOME!! Got rave reviews at my dessert party and now I MUST make them for every event!! I melt the chocolate on stove top with a little shortening as the microwave and I do not get along.
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package white almond bark
- cooking paraffin wax (optional)
- wax paper, lined cookie sheets
- shortening (optional for emercency response plan) or vegetable oil (optional for emercency response plan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash strawberries and allow to dry 2-3 hrs before dipping.
- Place 3 or 4 (depending on the amount you are making) almond bark bars in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, continue to microwave in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Dip strawberries up to leaves by holding stem/leaves, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to allow chocolate to harden. For a faster alternative, place in freezer for 2 minutes.
- Melt 3 or 4 bars or 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips and wax in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir, continue to microwave in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. (Wax is optional but it gives the finished product a shiny finish rather than a dull finish).
- Dip strawberries up to leaves on the left and right side, forming a "V" in the center w/ almond bark, by holding stem/leaves, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- With a toothpick or shishkabob scewer dip end in chocolate and make dots/buttons up the middle of the strawberries.
- Allow to set up in refrigerator or freezer as instructed above.
- Serve cold, I put mine on a glass,crystal serving tray.
- Hints: (Emergency Response Plan) If your chocolate becomes firm in the microwave, add a little bit of shortening or vegetable oil until it
- Also, make strawberries the day that you are planning to serve them, with the chocolate shell the strawberries can't breathe and will shrivle up.