Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This was very good. We don't like the sweetened frozen strawberry sauce, so I just increased the amount of strawberries and made my own sauce. The chocolate sauce was a breeze to put together. I served with some fresh raspberries on top. Made and reviewed for PRMR. Sorry it took so long. Thanks! :)
To Shortcakes add
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare shortcakes using Recipe #360946, recipe #360946 but add in the chopped chocolate after cutting in the butter.
- For the chocolate sauce:.
- Bring cream and corn syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Place chocolate in a bowl and pour cream mixture over. Let stand briefly to melt, then whisk until smooth.
- Crush thawed strawberries in a bowl with a potato masher. Stir in fresh berries, sugar, and lemon juice. Let stand for at least 30 minutes or upt to overnight.
- Whipped Topping:.
- Beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla together in a bowl with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- To Assemble:.
- Halve shortcakes horizontally; coat cut sides with berry juices. Place bottoms on serving dishes, cut side up, then top with chocolate sauce, berries, whipped cream and remaining shortcake halves.