Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is somewhat based on a Paula Deen recipe, but I think it is better :-) A very easy and delicious dessert! The directions are for serving in a glass bowl, but this can be served in parfait glasses as well (of course)!
- 1 lb butter pound cake, cubed
- 6 ounces chocolate syrup (or to taste) or 6 ounces ice cream topping (or to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk (for the pudding)
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 whole large strawberry (for top)
- Mix the packages of pudding with the cold milk with a whisk until the whisk starts to leave a trail.
- In a medium glass bowl, layer the parfait.
- For each layer: 1/3 of the pound cake, then 1/3 of the pudding, then 1/3 of the strawberries, 1/3 of the whipped topping, then 1/4 of the chocolate sauce, then 1/3 of the pecans. Make 3 layers.
- On top of the last layer, put the whole strawberry in the center.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes so the pudding sets.
- Serve! (Note: It will look much prettier in the bowl than after it is served. I was not able to successfully get a pretty looking serving out of the bowl!).