This is somewhat based on a Paula Deen recipe, but I think it is better :-) A very easy and delicious dessert! The directions are for serving in a glass bowl, but this can be served in parfait glasses as well (of course)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butter pound cake, cubed
- 6 ounces chocolate syrup (or to taste) or 6 ounces ice cream topping (or to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk (for the pudding)
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 whole large strawberry (for top)
- 1Mix the packages of pudding with the cold milk with a whisk until the whisk starts to leave a trail.
- 2In a medium glass bowl, layer the parfait.
- 3For each layer: 1/3 of the pound cake, then 1/3 of the pudding, then 1/3 of the strawberries, 1/3 of the whipped topping, then 1/4 of the chocolate sauce, then 1/3 of the pecans. Make 3 layers.
- 4On top of the last layer, put the whole strawberry in the center.
- 5Chill for at least 15 minutes so the pudding sets.
- 6Serve! (Note: It will look much prettier in the bowl than after it is served. I was not able to successfully get a pretty looking serving out of the bowl!).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.2
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.9 mg
- Sodium 667.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g