Recipe by YummySmellsca
Bittersweet couverture chocolate and a scoop of cacao nibs lace this pectin-free preserve. Its a hint of dessert on your morning toast!
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces chopped bittersweet couverture chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cacao, nibs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place strawberries into a saucepan with the sugar and lemon juice and gently heat, while stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil, stirring often, until the temperature reaches 220°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and cool 3 minutes.
- Stir the chopped chocolate and cacao nibs into the strawberry mixture. The chocolate should melt into the mixture.
- Can 15 minutes in a waterbath.