1/2 Photos of Chocolate Covered Strawberries
YUMMY! Chocolate covered strawberries, with white chocolate drizzled over top. White chocolate has been added to the dark chocolate to make it creamy, rich, and sweet. It contrasts beautifully with the tart sweetness of the strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Go through strawberries, and pick only the best looking strawberries. Set aside the remainder of berries for nibbling later. This recipe is enough for 16 -20 strawberries, depending on the size of the berries.
- 2Leaving the leaves/stems on the strawberries, wash them and lay out on either paper towels or clean dish towels. Put another paper or dish towel over berries and dry gently.
- 3Place berries on clean paper towels or wax paper, to dry. It is very important that the berries are totally dry, when being dipped in the melted chocolate, as the chocolate will not stick or will flake off later, if the berries are not dry. Depending on the humidity in the room, it will take at least 20 minutes for the berries to dry.
- 4Place contents, of the package of dark chocolate baking bits, in a heat proof glass bowl + approximately 1/2 cup white chocolate baking bits. Melt the chocolate in your microwave, for 30-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. Watch the chocolate, stirring every 30 seconds, just until melted. You don't want to make it too hot, as it will then need to be cooled a bit, to dip the berries in it. It should have a glossy smooth appearance, when stirred.
- 5Once the two chocolates are melted, place a sheet of wax paper on a baking/cookie sheet.
- 6Taking the berries by the leaves (gently), dip them, one at a time, in the chocolate - to cover. Slowly lift the berry out of the chocolate, holding it over the chocolate, for a few seconds, until it stops dripping. Gently place the chocolate covered berry on the wax paper, keeping the leaves off the paper a bit. The chocolate will "puddle" under the strawberry - this is fine.
- 7Repeat until all the berries are done. Set in cool area until the chocolate firms. This will take 20-30 minutes at least. You also could put the baking sheet in the refrigerator or freezer for 5-15 minutes.
- 8While the strawberries are setting, Place the remaining white chocolate chips in a glass, heat proof bowl, and place in microwave. As before, heat on high heat for 30-60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until just melted. It should be smooth and creamy, when ready.
- 9Once the strawberries are set, place a dinner fork in the white chocolate, and slowly drizzle over the chocolate covered berries. You might want to practice doing this over some wax paper, before doing it on the berries, to get a feel for it.
- 10Once again, set aside until the white chocolate sets up.
- 11These are best served fresh, within a few hours. If you aren't able to serve right away, it is best to refrigerate. They are best if served within 24 hours, as humidity excelerates deterioration.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 43.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g