Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
There is not much to say about this recipe. If you love chocolate and strawberries, try it. :)
- 2 pints strawberries, with stems if possible
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Wash strawberries and pat dry.
- Place on paper towels until they reach room temperature.
- Melt chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and dip each strawberry into chocolate, coating 2/3 of strawberry.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off into pan.
- Place stem side down on waxed paper covered baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15-20 minutes.
Delicious.A couple of tips. You can melt the chocolate in a microwave @ 50% power, for a min.- 1 1/2 min. stir, then melt at 10 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted. ( I think this is easier). Watch closely, timing will depend on the wattage of your microwave. Also, if you don't want "flat" spots on your berries, stick a toothpick in the stem end, dip in melted chocolate, let excess drip off, and then stick toothpick (with strawberrie attached) in a block of styrofoam to cool. Hope this helps.
Here is a trick for drying these without them touching anything. Insert a toothpick into the stem end of the strawberry and turn upside down. Stick the other end into a peice of styrofoam. Works like a charm!!
So delicious! I will NEVER use the ready made stuff ever again. This is so perfect, the chocolate stays soft, almost chewy, not crunchy and brittle. Thanks for the best chocolate dipped strawberries ever. So easy to make too. Can't wait to try dipping bananas and pineapple and apples and whatever else I can find along the way!!!