Recipe by Carmen B.
These make a great gift to go with those gourmet coffees. Serve with hot chocolate also. You can use whatever candies you want except those gummy bears types. Cup small pieces of clear or patterned plastic wrap and tie with a thin piece of ribbon. Get creative with these spoons. Melt some white chocolate and dip top half into chocolate to get a two tone effect or just drizzle spoons with white chocolate.
Top Review by Nick R.
This recipe was great. When I searched for the recipe, there was only one. And what a lucky one it was. Once I had dipped the spoons in the chocolate, I decorated most of them with either crushed Oreos(R) or I drizzled (melted) white chocolate (chips) over them. In the end of it all, they came out great. Awesome recipe. Thanks.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 plastic spoons (clear, white, colored YOUR CHOICE)
- chopped decorative candies (Andes chocolates or Smarties or peppermints or mints or M&M's, the choices are yours)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe dish, melt chocolate for 1 to 2 minutes stirring until smooth.
- Dip spoons into chocolate tapping the handle against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper and sprinkle with candies.
- Let stand until firm or you can chill in freezer until firm.
- These can be stored in the freezer. Just let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.