Recipe by Rita~
I had these sweet and salty saltines covered with chocolate and topped with nuts which I tweaked at a friend's house. Very addictive little treats.Use topping to suit the occasion.
Top Review by stephanieland
I made these but used Reese peanut butter chips and mini semi-sweet choc chips. I put the peanut butter chips on first and put back in the oven for 1 min to make sure they melted. I spread the peanut butter chips and then added the semi-sweet chips. Again I put them in the oven for about a minute and then spread the chocolate.
Tried a "smore-like" variation.... Used graham crackers, then put on mini marshmallows (again back in the oven for about a minute) then added milk chocolate chips and put in the over for another minute then spread the marshmallow/chocolate mixture around. Kinda sticky and maybe not as pretty as the other, but it was yummy!!
- 40 saltine crackers
- 236.59 ml butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 340.19 g mini chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 118.29 ml toffee pieces
- 14.79 ml candy sprinkles (to garnish) (optional)
- 59.14 ml raisins (optional)
- 59.14-118.29 ml crushed mint, candy cane optional for christmas
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange 40 saltine crackers on a non-stick foil in a jelly roll pan.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in pan and boil 3 minutes.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate chips over and let stand 5 minutes to melt.
- Spread around with knife and then sprinkle nuts and toffee bits over top and or raisins.
- Garnish with colored sprinkles.
- Place in refrigerator until hard.
- Break into bite-size pieces.