Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for last minute gift idea!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Layer ingredients in order given in a quart size wide-mouth canning jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place making sure you really pack it down before you add the flour mixture, it will be a tight fit but it will work.
- Attach these instructions to the jar:
- •Chocolate covered Raisin Cookies•.
- Empty cookie mix into large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add: 1 stick butter or margarine, softened at room temp, 1 egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into walnut sized balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. DO NOT USE WAXED PAPER.
- Bake at 375°F for 13 to 15 minutes until tops are very lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.
- Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies.