Recipe by Brooklyn Cookin'
A friend at work brought these in one Christmas, and I've been making them ever since. Without a doubt, the easiest sweet 'n salty thing ever. I only dare make these around the holidays because when I do, I can't stop eating them! I was lucky enough to get some excellent quality dark chocolate wafers from a baking and chocolate supply store and they melt like a charm. If you want to be really fancy, you can use the mini-pretzels and put a single pretzel with these fixings in an individual paper candy cup. Very pretty and just as delicious, but much more time consuming.
- 1 cup dark chocolate wafers
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) bag pretzels (any size, any shape, even broken!)
- miniature marshmallow
- colored sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread out pretzels on 2 waxed paper covered cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over pretzels.
- In 2 cup measuring cup, microwave 1 cup dark choco wafers approximately 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Remove chocolate from microwave and quickly stir melted chocolate and drizzle over pretzels in trays.
- Reheat chocolate 10-12 seconds if it thickens from cooling down If you choose to add sprinkles, this is the time for it so they'll stick to the chocolate before it hardens.
- Cool at room temperature. Store at room temperature. Refrigeration not necessary at any point.
- The amounts above make 2 cookie sheets' worth.