Brooklyn Cookin''s Note:
A friend at work brought these in one Christmas, and I've been making them ever since. Without a doubt, the easiest sweet 'n salty thing ever. I only dare make these around the holidays because when I do, I can't stop eating them! I was lucky enough to get some excellent quality dark chocolate wafers from a baking and chocolate supply store and they melt like a charm. If you want to be really fancy, you can use the mini-pretzels and put a single pretzel with these fixings in an individual paper candy cup. Very pretty and just as delicious, but much more time consuming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dark chocolate wafers
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) bag pretzels (any size, any shape, even broken!)
- miniature marshmallow
- colored sprinkles (optional)
- 1Spread out pretzels on 2 waxed paper covered cookie sheets.
- 2Sprinkle marshmallows over pretzels.
- 3In 2 cup measuring cup, microwave 1 cup dark choco wafers approximately 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds.
- 4Remove chocolate from microwave and quickly stir melted chocolate and drizzle over pretzels in trays.
- 5Reheat chocolate 10-12 seconds if it thickens from cooling down If you choose to add sprinkles, this is the time for it so they'll stick to the chocolate before it hardens.
- 6Cool at room temperature. Store at room temperature. Refrigeration not necessary at any point.
- 7The amounts above make 2 cookie sheets' worth.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Pretzels With Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 411.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate wafers