1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Covered Pretzels
Coloured sugar, sprinkles, grated coconut or crushed candy canes may be sprinkled on right after dipping into the chocolate, have fun and use your imagination to decorate the coated pretzels, it's a fun holiday project for children of all ages! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- 2In a double broiler set over simmering water, melt the semisweet chocolate with 2 teaspoons shortening, stirring gently constantly; remove from heat.
- 3Using tongs dip each pretzel in chocolate allowing excess to drip off.
- 4Place onto waxed paper (if the chocolate in the pot begins to harden then reheat slightly).
- 5If you are sprinkling any toppings on do it right after dipping into the chocolate so it will stick.
- 6Place the coated pretzels in the refrigerator to harden.
- 7After the pretzels have hardened place the white chocolate in a double boiler and melt over simmering water (or you could melted in the microwave).
- 8Drizzle the white chocolate in small strands over each pretzel.
- 9Return to waxed paper and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 11.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: