These can be made in a jiffy for a party or just for fun. While it sounds odd, the flavor combination of salty and chocolate is out of this world! This recipe comes from "365 Great Chocolate Desserts" by Natalie Haughton.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packageruffled potato chips
- In a small glass dish, combine chocolate chips and shortening.
- Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Dip chips, one at a time, into chocolate, coating one half to three quarters of each chip.
- Pull chip against edge of dish to remove excess chocolate.
- Place chips on wax paper-lined baking pan.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, then refrigerate until set.