Recipe by UnknownChef86
These can be made in a jiffy for a party or just for fun. While it sounds odd, the flavor combination of salty and chocolate is out of this world! This recipe comes from "365 Great Chocolate Desserts" by Natalie Haughton.
Top Review by Lou
I used light ruffled chips and had no problem. I froze them first, and dipped them soon as I opened the bag. I also used sugar free chocolate chips. Altogether, this made for a much healthier snack, especially since I have low sugar, and have to watch my sugar consumption. Turned out perfect. Thanks for the recipe. I had this at my sisters over christmas. Hers was bought, but mine were every bit as good.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packageruffled potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small glass dish, combine chocolate chips and shortening.
- Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Dip chips, one at a time, into chocolate, coating one half to three quarters of each chip.
- Pull chip against edge of dish to remove excess chocolate.
- Place chips on wax paper-lined baking pan.
- Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, then refrigerate until set.