1/4 Photos of Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
These can be made in a jiffy for a party or just for fun. While it sounds odd, the flavor combination of salty and chocolate is out of this world! This recipe comes from "365 Great Chocolate Desserts" by Natalie Haughton.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package ruffled potato chips
- 1In a small glass dish, combine chocolate chips and shortening.
- 2Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- 3Dip chips, one at a time, into chocolate, coating one half to three quarters of each chip.
- 4Pull chip against edge of dish to remove excess chocolate.
- 5Place chips on wax paper-lined baking pan.
- 6Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes, then refrigerate until set.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g