1/2 Photos of Chocolate Covered Popcorn (Boy Scouts Copycat) Caramel Corn
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Like the Boy Scouts chocolate popcorn? You'll like this! Ever wonder how they get it to stay so crunchy? I think I figured it out! Makes a great handmade gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Place the popped corn in the largest baking pan you have (might have to do it in 2 batches if you only have a 9x13). You need to be able to stir the popcorn!
- 3Melt butter in a very large saucepan (see step 6).
- 4Add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stirring CONSTANTLY, bring to a boil and boil 5 minute.
- 5Add peanuts (if desired).
- 6Add soda (will foam up, so be ready).
- 7Pour caramel over popcorn and mix well.
- 8Bake popcorn one hour, stirring every 10-15 minute.
- 9Remove from oven and cool completely. You'll have to stir it every once in a while so it doesn't stick together.
- 10Spray a cookie sheet with oil or cover with parchment paper.
- 11Melt half of chocolate per package directions (you can melt more when you need it).
- 12Dip popcorn pieces in chocolate and place chocolate-covered popcorn pieces individually on the cookie sheet so they can set up.
- 13Popcorn can be stored at room temp or in the refrigerator. Just keep cool so it doesn't melt.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Popcorn (Boy Scouts Copycat) Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 57.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g