Recipe Junkie's Note:
From the book, Caramel Knowledge. I'm not a huge plain or even buttered popcorn fan, but if it's dressed up with something gooey and sweet, then I'm so very there! Cooling time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
bowl po ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup of standard batch unpopped popcorn
- oil, for popping
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1Line a couple of baking sheets with waxed paper.
- 2Pop the popcorn.
- 3Salt and pour into a large bowl.
- 4As best you can, remove any of the kernels that didn't get popped. [Very important for tooth saftey!].
- 5Melt the chocolate and pour it over the still-warm popcorn.
- 6Toss thoroughly, using two very large spoons.
- 7Using the spoons, spread the coated popcorn onto the waxed paper covered pans and cool int he refrigerato until the chocolate has set.
- 8Break apart any big clumps before you pour the chocolate popcorn into a bowl to serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1086.3
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 123.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: