Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book, Caramel Knowledge. I'm not a huge plain or even buttered popcorn fan, but if it's dressed up with something gooey and sweet, then I'm so very there! Cooling time not included in preparation time.
- 1⁄2 cup of standard batch unpopped popcorn
- oil, for popping
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- Line a couple of baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Salt and pour into a large bowl.
- As best you can, remove any of the kernels that didn't get popped. [Very important for tooth saftey!].
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the still-warm popcorn.
- Toss thoroughly, using two very large spoons.
- Using the spoons, spread the coated popcorn onto the waxed paper covered pans and cool int he refrigerato until the chocolate has set.
- Break apart any big clumps before you pour the chocolate popcorn into a bowl to serve.