Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are kid loving bars! Well, even us adults can love them too.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and stir well.
- Pour mixture over Krispie cereal and mix well.
- Press into 9x13-inch buttered pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips on defrost in microwave.
- Mix well and spread over Krispie mix.
- Cool and cut into bars.
We call these Scotcharoos and they are very good. If I had read the recipe before I ate them I probably would have wanted to omit the butterscotch chips. I had them at a gathering and thought they were fantastic so I got the recipe. Was surprised to find the "secret ingredient" that made them so good.
These were such a big hit at my daughter's field hockey game. I should of made more to sell at the concesion stand. LOL
These bars are truly very yummy and are going very well in my house. The only thing that I omitted was butterscotch chips for 2 reasons, viz, I don't get them where I live(in Oman) and secondly, I don't like their taste all that much(I have tried them earlier when someone sent them to me from US) so even if I had them, I wouldn't use them anyway. I LOVE choclate chips(I used the semisweet variety) and they added their own charm to this recipe. Thanks for sharing!