Recipe by Mousehouse62
These are kid loving bars! Well, even us adults can love them too.
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
We call these Scotcharoos and they are very good. If I had read the recipe before I ate them I probably would have wanted to omit the butterscotch chips. I had them at a gathering and thought they were fantastic so I got the recipe. Was surprised to find the "secret ingredient" that made them so good.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and stir well.
- Pour mixture over Krispie cereal and mix well.
- Press into 9x13-inch buttered pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips on defrost in microwave.
- Mix well and spread over Krispie mix.
- Cool and cut into bars.