Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got the idea for making this from See's Awesome Peanut Brittle Bar. It is really easy to make in the microwave and if you don't like chocolate, you can leave it off for great peanut brittle. You can also use other nuts as well.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups dry roasted salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- My microwave is 1150 watts. If yours is different you will need to adjust your cooking times.
- Cover an 11 x 17 cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (needs to have sides), with parchment or wax paper and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine the sugar and corn syrup and cook for 4 minutes on high.
- Add the peanuts or nuts of your choice (if you like more nuts add another cup) and cook for 3 minutes on high.
- Add the butter and vanilla and cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Add the baking soda and stir well. the mixture will turn a lighter color at this point.
- Pour immediately onto the prepared pan and spread out quickly.
- Let set for 1 minute, then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to soften (approximately 5 - 10 minutes). Then spread out to cover the brittle. If you wish you made sprinkle chopped peanuts (or nut of your choice on top).
- Let stand until chocolate is no longer sticky (usually about 2 hours). Then break into pieces.
- Will keep will for weeks if stored in cool, dry place. If it lasts that long!
I tried making this two different times and neither time did it turn to brittle. It stayed soft both times. I was dissapointed that we didn't get to have this at Christmas time. Maybe if I half the recipe it will do better.