Recipe by looneytunesfan
This great-tasting cake looks like a giant OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookie.
Top Review by BigFatMomma
Yum! This came out beautifully. I did it a bit differently--followed the direx on the cake mix box, but that was the only change. Super yummy, and it dazzled the people at the party. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
- 510.29 g package devil's food cake mix
- 59.14 ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 59.14 ml butter, cut up
- 226.79 g package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Prepare and bake cake mix in two (9-inch) round cake pans as directed on package. Cool in pans 5 minute Invert onto wire racks; remove pans. Cool layers completely.
- PLACE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minute.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the whipped topping and cookie crumbs; mix lightly. Place 1 of the cake layers, top-side down, on serving plate; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cover with the remaining cake layer, top-side up. Spoon glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.