Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This great-tasting cake looks like a giant OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookie.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 12 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Prepare and bake cake mix in two (9-inch) round cake pans as directed on package. Cool in pans 5 minute Invert onto wire racks; remove pans. Cool layers completely.
- PLACE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minute.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the whipped topping and cookie crumbs; mix lightly. Place 1 of the cake layers, top-side down, on serving plate; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cover with the remaining cake layer, top-side up. Spoon glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.
Yum! This came out beautifully. I did it a bit differently--followed the direx on the cake mix box, but that was the only change. Super yummy, and it dazzled the people at the party. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
This is wonderful! I might even make a chocolate ganache to go on top instead of the glaze. I made recipe #145973 for the chocolate cake instead of from box. I also did glaze with 3 T. butter, 1 T. corn syrup, and 4 oz of semisweet chocolate in micro and then added 1/4 t vanilla. Nice glaze! I'm also thinking next time I might even try to put some peppermint in the cream cheese mixture along with green food coloring to make like a Mint Oreo. :) Thank you for posting!!
Made this cake for my nephew's 7th birthday party and it was a huge hit. I did add recipe#54269 to it as I wanted a towering cake and that worked perfectly. Other than that minor change made as directed including the glaze topping which was awesome. I must say though there was a TON of filling and even after stuffing the inside I had over half left - think next time I'll cut that down to half the amount. But the taste, presentation and awe factor was perfect.