Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A candy bar for the secret ingredient--
- 8 ounces Milky Way bars, cut up
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave safe bowl, melt candy bars and 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir until blended.
- Stir in cereal.
- Pat into a greased 11x7 inch pan.
- In another saucepan or microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and remaining butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm.
After sitting for a day these got really hard but we did enjoy them. I followed the recipe as written but next time I would use milk chocolate chips as I prefer them over semi sweet.
Coffee - well you've done it again girl! These are fabulous! Very sweet but not so overly sweet that you can't have a nice size piece. I LOVE the fact that these are krispie bars without the marshmallow - no stickiness to deal with in the preparation! Followed the instructions completely and they are perfect! Everyone gives them 5 stars - so that is 5 people 5 stars each = 25 stars! LOL So glad I tagged this recipe in 1.2.3 Hit Wonders. Thanks friend! :)
Yummy chocolatey goodness! These are a great recipe when you need something easy and quick. I enjoyed them with a nice glass of milk. The only thing I'd change is use milk chocolate chips, I'm not much of a semi-sweet girl. Made for Zaar tag. Thanks for posting!