My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel oranges and separate into sections.
- 2Wrap sections in plastic wrap so they do not dry out.
- 3Rinse strawberries under cold running water, do not remove the stems.
- 4Pat berries completely dry with paper towels.
- 5Set fruit aside.
- 6Fruit should be at room temperature for dipping.
- 7Place peanuts in a small bowl.
- 8Into a double boiler top, not over water, grate semi sweet chocolate squares.
- 9Set candy thermometer in place, set aside.
- 10Heat water to boiling in double boiler bottom; remove from heat.
- 11Place double boiler top over hot water; melt chocolate, stirring constantly with rubber spatula, until temperature reaches 130 degrees.
- 12Immediately discard hot water from double boiler bottom and refill with cold water to come one-third of the way up the side of the double boiler.
- 13Set top in place and cool chocolate, stirring constantly, until chocolate temperature reaches 83 degrees.
- 14Remove double boiler top and replace cold water in bottom with warm water (about 85 degrees).
- 15This will keep the chocolate and dipping consistency longer.
- 16With fingers, hold one piece of fruit at a time and dip it into chocolate, leaving part of fruit uncovered.
- 17Shake off excess chocolate or gently scrape one side of fruit to remove excess.
- 18Place on waxed paper.
- 19Working quickly, stir peanuts into leftover chocolate in pan.
- 20Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- 21Let chocolate covered fruit and peanut clusters stand until chocolate is set (about 10 minutes) before removing from waxed paper.
- 22Serve dipped fresh fruit same day.
- 23Store peanut clusters in tightly covered container; use within one week.
- 24Note: Chocolate can be easily melted in the microwave as well.
- 25Break chocolate into chunks and microwave in increments of 20-30 seconds, stirring in between each session.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g