Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat to keep from burning the chocolate. You can also melt it in the microwave, but remember to stir it every 15-30 seconds.
- After it is smooth, turn off the heat and let it cool for a minute, then mix in about 1/3 cup of the roasted coffee beans and stir.
- With a spoon or fork, lay the coffee beans out on some wax paper on a tray, making sure they are all separated from each other.
- Let them cool there, or put them in the freezer to speed things up. If you would like more chocolate on them, or just for looks, drizzle some white or other chocolate over them. Let them cool completely.
- Separate them into a bowl or bag, and then dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa powder if you chose.
- Chocolate covered coffee beans are a quick way to melt your valentine’s heart. Find a cute heart shaped tin or some lovely red ribbon to tie up a bag and you are well on your way to the perfect gift. Whip up a batch and indulge yourself!