Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Easy, delicious and elegant!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Not only delicious, but beautiful and easy!! I always forget how much I love these, especially the white chocolate version. I used white chocolate chips, that's what I had on hand and mixed them with a little shortening. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I need to remember to make these more often.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate wafers
- assorted chopped nuts or coconut or candy sprinkles, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash strawberries and allow to dry completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe container and heat on high for about 1 minute or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Place the white chocolate coating wafers in another microwave safe container and heat on high for about 1 minute or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Holding by the leaves, dip half the strawberries in the chocolate mixture and half in the white chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
- Place on wax paper and sprinkle with chopped nuts or coconut or sprinkles or drizzle with the opposite color or chocolate.
- Allow to harden. (I place mine in the frig and they are ready in about 30 minutes).
- Place in foil cups if desired.
- Serve that day or place in the refrigerator for storage for a day or two.