Easy, delicious and elegant!
Make and share this Chocolate Covered Dipped Strawberries recipe from Food.com.
- Wash strawberries and allow to dry completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe container and heat on high for about 1 minute or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Place the white chocolate coating wafers in another microwave safe container and heat on high for about 1 minute or until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Holding by the leaves, dip half the strawberries in the chocolate mixture and half in the white chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
- Place on wax paper and sprinkle with chopped nuts or coconut or sprinkles or drizzle with the opposite color or chocolate.
- Allow to harden. (I place mine in the frig and they are ready in about 30 minutes).
- Place in foil cups if desired.
- Serve that day or place in the refrigerator for storage for a day or two.