Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This one recipe divides and makes 3 different flavored centers, or you can change the proportions to make them all the same.
Basic Cream Mixture
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups powdered sugar (1 lb. box)
For Coconut Centers
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, sweetened and flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Peanut Butter Centers
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat cream cheese and margarine until well blended.
- Gradually add sugar until smooth.
- Divide mixture into three separate bowls.
- Add coconut and vanilla to one bowl.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla to another bowl.
- Leave one bowl as plain cream cheese.
- Make egg shapes and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Dip eggs in chocolate using a fork to hold them.
- Place back on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
I found it hard to cover them but they are very delicious anyways. Thanks for sharing and happy Easter!