Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ellie Kreiger
- 1 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss together the almonds and the cherries. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt half the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over slightly simmering water, over the lowest possible heat, stirring frequently. Make sure the water is not touching the top pan. Remove the double boiler from the heat and stir in the rest of the chocolate. Remove the top pan with the chocolate in it, gently wipe the bottom of it and set it aside for a moment. Replace the simmering water in the bottom pan with warm tap water. Put the pan of melted chocolate on top of the warm water. This will keep the chocolate at the right temperature while you make the clusters.
- Stir the fruit-nut mixture into the chocolate. Spoon out heaping tablespoon-sized clusters of the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Put them in the refrigerator to set for 15 minutes.
These raeally hit the spot for me. They were a breeze to assemble and were so satisfying. I was able to tame my sweet tooth with only one of these candies a night and didn't feel the least bit guilty. Thanks for posting this great recipe.
Delicious! I love almonds and there was plenty in there! The cranberries and dark chocolate are favorites too! A winner! Thanks!