Recipe by Evamyth
Posted in reply to a request for gift-basket recipes. Found on a grocery-store display for Van Houtte coffee. Since I haven't made this recipe yet, the times are a guess.
Top Review by LisaS in Central Ohio
Pretty nice recipe overall. I modified it by using a microwaveable container, melting milk chocolate, dumping in the roasted arabica coffee beans to coat, then put them into a mesh food strainer to get the excess chocolate off and finally adding the beans to a plastic bag with baking cocoa mixed with sugar and shaking them. They have a nice kick of caffeine to get you through an afternoon slump.
- 1 cup coffee beans, of your choice
- 4 ounces milk chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehaeat oven to 350°.
- Place coffee beans on baking pan and roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate until very creamy.
- Add coffee beans and stir until completely coated.
- Remove with slotted spoon, allowing excess chocolate to drip off and place beans on waxed paper.
- Once the coffee beans have cooled sufficiently, but while the chocolate is still a little soft, roll the beans in your hands to form round balls.
- Roll each one in cocoa and set aside until chocolate has hardened.