1/2 Photos of Chocolate-covered Coconut Macaroons
1 hr 30 mins
The combination of chocolate and coconut makes for a luscious treat. Prepa time includes refrideragion time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 3 ingredients in heavy large saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat until mixture appears somewhat pasty, stirring constantly, about 12 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- 5Spread out coconut mixture on large baking sheet.
- 6Refrigerate until cold, about 45 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 8Line another baking sheet with parchment.
- 9Press 1/4 cup coconut mixture into pyramid shape (about 1 1/2 inches high).
- 10Place on prepared sheet.
- 11Repeat with remaining coconut mixture.
- 12Bake cookies until golden, about 30 minutes.
- 13Transfer cookies to rack and cool.
- 14Set cookies on rack over rimmed baking sheet.
- 15Stir chocolate and cream in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- 16Remove from heat.
- 17Mix in remaining 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 18Spoon glaze over cookies, covering almost completely and allowing chocolate to drip down sides.
- 19Refrigerate until glaze sets, at least 2 hours.
- 20(Can be made 1 day ahead).
- 21Transfer cookies to airtight container and keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-covered Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (964 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g