Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious creamy center covered with melted milk chocolate. A favorite around Christmas time.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups sugar
- milk chocolate candy bar (melted)
- Mix in a large heavy pan. Bring to a boil -STIR CONSTANTLY! (This is very important because mixture scorches easily).
- Turn heat down to medium-high; keep it boiling. Wipe down sugar crystals on sides of pan with a pastry brush.(Dip brush in water to keep it from gathering sugar.).
- Cook to a soft but firm ball stage. Candy thermometer should read 227 degrees. Cool until cold.
- It will be very hard to beat at first, but as it creams up it gets easier. If you have a heavy KitchenAid mixer use that.
- When it loses its gloss divide in half and make your own flavors (i.e.; peppermint, coconut,lemon).
- Use food coloring to achieve the right color for flavor. Separate into little circles or squares, cover and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over medium saucepan of boiling water. When chocolate is melted, dip cremes to cover and set aside to harden.
- This isn't an easy recipe but it is worth the time. If it doesn't work the first time don't give up. Once you get it down you will love this recipe. I promise.