Recipe by Engrossed
Created for RSC#12. If you like sweet, cold, creamy, cherries and chocolate this is for you!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making this recipe I was generous with the cherries, & used frozen vanilla yogurt instead of the ice cream! Also used just the half cup of club soda & a bit more chocolate syrup, all for A GREAT TASTING SHAKE that we'd love to have again & again during the hot summer months! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste (I use 3-5 packets for sweet)
- 2 cups sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup club soda (Depending on how thick you like it) or 1⁄2-1 cup seltzer water, chilled (Depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar-free chocolate syrup, additional to drizzle
- 1 -2 teaspoon Cool Whip Lite or 1 -2 teaspoon whipped cream, to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cherries, milk, vanilla and Splenda into a blender and puree.
- Add ice cream and club soda to the puree and blend on low until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside of one large or two medium glasses.
- Pour shake into glass.
- Drizzle more chocolate syrup over the top of the shake.
- Top with Cool Whip Lite or whipped cream.