Recipe by SusieQusie
Sweet, pretty & easy to put together. I'm not a big cherry fan but I eat anything that involves chocolate. Cooking time includes chilling time.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
A lovely, rich chocolate pie. Love that it's easy to throw together; canned cherry pie filling is a Godsend! This turned out great and everybody loved it, so will definitely make it again!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- chocolate whipped cream (to garnish)
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips & salt.
- Cook and stir over very low heat just until chocolate melts. (can also use microwave to do this easily & quickly).
- Combine chocolate mixture with pie filling & extract.
- Pour into pie crust & chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate whipped cream (Cool Whip makes a chocolate flavor) & cherries.