Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Sweet, pretty & easy to put together. I'm not a big cherry fan but I eat anything that involves chocolate. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- chocolate whipped cream (to garnish)
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips & salt.
- Cook and stir over very low heat just until chocolate melts. (can also use microwave to do this easily & quickly).
- Combine chocolate mixture with pie filling & extract.
- Pour into pie crust & chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate whipped cream (Cool Whip makes a chocolate flavor) & cherries.
This pie has potential, but this recipe is WAAAAAAAAAY TOO SWEET!!
Imagine my surprise when I stumbled on this recipe that would use up 5 leftover items in my pantry or refrigerator! I had to cut the recipe in half due to the amount of cherry pie filling & sweetened condensed milk, but I was able to use up the last bits of open chocolate chip bags, a nearly empty jar of maraschino cherries & a six-pack of mini graham cracker crusts that I couldn't remember buying in the first place. lol The recipe went together very easily & it tasted great! I had to use a combination of mini semi-sweet & milk chocolate chips. But I always buy the milk chocolate cherries anyway. I actually think that the mini crusts worked out well for portion control. Once we'd finished "a whole (mini) pie", our brains were satisfied & didn't want more. We'll be making this again & again. Thanks for posting Susie!
This was so rich and so delicious. I used 1 cup of Hershey Cherry Cordial kisses instead of the plain chocolate chips and it added that extra "punch" of cherry that my family is so fond of. Mine set up fine. I served it with plain Cool Whip instead of chocolate as I thought the chocolate Cool Whip would be too much for my family. They all really liked it and it was so simple to make. Thanks SQ...