Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 12 candied red cherries, cut into fourths
- Heat oven to 325. Drain maraschino cherries, reserving liquid. Finely chop maraschino cherries.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid and almond extract with mixer on low speed until well mixed. Beat in flour and salt until well mixed. Stir in maraschino cherries. On bottom of ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan, spread dough.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand about 5 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Spread chocolate evenly over bars with spatula. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. For diamond shapes, cut bars diagonally into 8 rows by 6 rows. Garnish with candied cherries.