1/4 Photos of Chocolate-covered Cherry Cupcakes
These are made using Hershey's Milk Chocolate Candy Bars ; )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (5 Tbsp plus 1 tsp)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 (1 5/8 ounce) hershey milk chocolate candy bars, each broken in 12 squares
- 12 maraschino cherries, without stems,patted dry with paper towels
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 hershey milk chocolate candy bar, melted
- stemmed maraschino cherry, patted dry
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 12 regular-size (2 1/2-in. diameter) muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- 3Whisk flour and cocoa powder in a small bowl until blended; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a mixer on high speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 5Add egg and vanilla; beat 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- 6Reduce mixer speed to low; beat in milk (batter will look curdled), then the flour mixture just until blended.
- 7Spoon evenly into lined muffin cups Place a square of chocolate in center of each cupcake.
- 8Top with a cherry and another square of chocolate.
- 9Bake 18 to 20 minutes until a pick inserted off center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pan to rack to cool com-pletely (cupcakes will sink in center).
- 11Frosting: Beat cream cheese, but-ter and cherry juice in a medium bowl with mixer on high speed until blend-ed and smooth.
- 12Reduce speed to low; beat in confectioners' sugar.
- 13Refriger-ate 15 minutes or until firm enough to spread.
- 14Frost cupcakes.
- 15To garnish: Top each cupcake with 1 or 2 cherries.
- 16Melt chocolate bar and scrape into a ziptop bag.
- 17Cut a tip off a corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over half or all the cupcakes.
- 18Cover and refrigerate until serving or up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-covered Cherry Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice