Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great tasting cookie with 1/2 a maraschino cherry in the center of a chocolate cookie, covered in more chocolate. I made these for a Christmas cookie exchange and they were a big hit.
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Drain cherries, researving 3 t juice. Cut cherries in 1/2.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until creamy. Add egg, vanilla and 2 t cherry juice. Beat until blended. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Make a thumb imprint in the center of each cookie. Place a cherry half in the indent.
- In saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk. Add 1 t cherry juice to melted chocolate. Cool slightly.
- Spoon 1 t melted chocolate over cherry half.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
This is my all time favorite cookie recipe!!!! I've been making it for years. Everyone raves over this cookie. So moist like fudge inside and the cherry....ohhhh, so good! So glad you posted it.