From Cook's Country magazine. Don't overbake these cookies, they should be chewy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 24 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1"For the cookies".
- 2Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl and set aside.
- 3With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- 4Beat in egg and vanilla until incorporated, reduce speed to low and add flour mixture.
- 5Mix until dough forms (about 1 minute).
- 6"for the topping".
- 7Heat chocolate and milk in saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted (about 5 minutes)the mixture should have the consistency of mayonnaise.
- 8Off heat, stir in reserved cherry juice. Cover and keep warm.
- 9"To finish".
- 10Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- 12Using thumb, make indentation in center of each cookie and place 1 cherry in each indentation.
- 13Top each cherry with 1 teaspoons of warm chocolate mixture.
- 14Bake until cookies are just set (10-12 minutes) switching and rotating sheets about halfway through baking.
- 15Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 16Repeat with remaining dough.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: