1/2 Photos of Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
I got this out of BH&G magazine. I love chocolate covered cherries and this recipe is to die for. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 48 maraschino cherries, undrained
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1In mixing bowl combine flour and cocoa, set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter until softened, add sugar and next 3 ingredients, beat until well combined.
- 3Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- 4Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 5Shape dough into 1" balls; place on ungreased pan. Press down center of each cookie and place a cherry in center of each.
- 6In small saucepan combine chocolate and milk, heat until chocolate is melted.
- 7Stir in 4 tsp cherry juice.
- 8Spoon 1 tsp chocolate mixture over each cherry.
- 9Bake at 350 for 10 minutes until done. Remove to wire rack; cool and serve.
- 10If frosting is too thick it may be thinned with additional cherry juice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g