VKuuipo Bridges's Note:
This is a 1974 Pillsbury Bake-off Grand Prize winner that I received in a mailer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350degrees.
- 2Lightly mist a 13x9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Set pan aside.
- 4Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer on low for 1 minute.
- 5Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- 6Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- 7The batter should look thick and well blended.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- 9Place the pan in the oven.
- 10Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
- 11Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- 12Serve with a chocolate glaze or frosting.
- 13(That wasn't included in the recipe).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3086.4
- Calories from Fat 828
- Total Fat 92.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 4570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 550.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 201.9 g
- Protein 45.7 g