Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a 1974 Pillsbury Bake-off Grand Prize winner that I received in a mailer.
Make and share this Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Place rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350degrees.
- Lightly mist a 13x9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Set pan aside.
- Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer on low for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- The batter should look thick and well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a chocolate glaze or frosting.
- (That wasn't included in the recipe).