NC Griller's Note:
This is the most moist cake I have ever tasted. The cake has only 4 ingredients from the Cake Mix Doctor (with a little bit of personal tweaking). Yummy! I have used several different types of chocolate cake mix and both sugar-free and regular cherry pie filling with excellent results. Store cake covered in aluminum foil at room temperature for up to 5 days. Better if served at room temperature. Can be frozen by wrapping in foil for up to 6 months,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can sugar-free cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 13x9-inch baking pan by lightly spraying.
- 3Place cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs and almond extract in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Scape down the bowl several times to incorporate all the mix.
- 5Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula.
- 7Place in oven.
- 8Cake is ready when a toothpick comes out clean and it starts to pull away from the sides.
- 9Cool on wire rack
- 10For the glaze, when the cake is removed from the oven, place sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 11Boil, while stirring, for 1 minute.
- 12Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. When the chips have melted and the glaze is smooth, pour it over the warm cake.
- 13Cool the cake for 20 minutes more before cutting it into squares and serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free cherry pie filling